Thank you for presenting at the 2019 National Allied Health Conference!
Lightning Talk presentation guidelines
Presentation length and time keeping
- Please check the program to confirm the time allocated. Your presentation length is 3 minutes.
- To ensure the program runs to time, please keep your presentation to your allocated time. Your session chair will notify you with 1 minute remaining. If there is time remaining at the end or your presentation the chair will direct the questions.
- Please go to your allocated room 15 minutes prior to the start time of the session to meet with the Session Chair (their name will be noted in the program) and familiarise yourself with the room and AV technicians and setup.
Presentation Format and slide ratio
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. If you created your presentation using another program, on a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program, we suggest you bring your laptop as a backup.
- Please bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB (embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files).
- Presentations should be no more than 3 slides (1 minute per slide). Please note if you are presenting an ePoster as well as a lightening talk presentation the ePoster will be just 1 slide.
- The slide ratio for your presentation should be set to 16:9
- There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired)
Loading your presentation
- Please load your presentation files to the online folder by COB Friday 2 August 2019.
- A speakers preparation room will be located on the concord level
- When you register at the venue you will be directed to the Speaker’s Preparation Room. An AV technician will load your presentation on to a central computer and network it to the appropriate room and session.
- Please visit the speaker preparation room at least 2 hours before your scheduled presentation.
- Speakers are to bring their presentation on a USB. Please name your presentation [TIME-DAY-ROOM-INITIAL.SURNAME] e.g. 1045-5AUGUST-P7-J.Smith
- The speakers preparation room (concord level) will be open at the below times;
- Monday: 1600 – 1700
- Tuesday: 0800 – 1700
- Wednesday: 0800 – 1530
During your session
- Please be seated in the front row so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- There will be AV technicians roaming between the session rooms to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated presentation length is 3 minutes.
- At the end of your session the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately. The chair will only ask a question if you have finished in time. At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.